Baking is an essential process for making any cake recipe without baking. It is not necessary for the baking step for the preparation of napoleon cake. It will be very easy to prepare and delicious to eat. Everyone will be surprised of preparing this napoleon cake recipe at home. This cake is really beautiful served plain with the little coat but there is also a ring of berries which is absolutely beautiful and striking for all your events. There are layers of cakes under the custard cream which should be left overnight after the finishing process to make it softer for the easy slicing. The look and taste of the napoleon cake are really great once you have prepared it at home.
Ingredients for Napoleon cake:
- 800 to 900 grams palmier or elephant ear cookies
- 2 whole eggs with 3 yolks
- 3/4 cup – granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup – corn starch
- 3 cups – milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup unsalted and softened butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Berries to decorate the top of the cake
For your decoration purpose of this napoleon cake on the top, you can also make use of any black berries, blue berries or/and strawberries which combinations on the cake will be impressive and also tasty at all.
Instructions to prepare Napoleon cake:
All you need to do are,
- You have to take the medium sized saucepan, then combine 2 large eggs with 3 yolks 3/4 cup of sugar and completely mix them together for about 1 minute. Then, you have to add 1/3 cup of corn starch and whisk it until they get smoother.
- In the next step, you also have to add the 1/2 cup of condensed milk to whisk well with this batter. During this whisking process, you should need to add 3 cups of milk slowly.
- Once the milk is mixed well, you have to place this batter over the medium heat and frequently stir it until thickened. After that, you can remove the pan from the heat.
- During the cooling process of the custard, you should prep the cookies and cut it in the half when they are larger in size in order to fit well in your pan.
- In order to slice it, you have to stack some cookies and carefully cut it using the serrated knife.
- For the crumb coating, you have to place 3 to 4 cookies in the larger Ziploc bag, seal it and crush using the rolling pin. You can remove the crushed cooked from the bag and you can spread it on the top of the cake.
For the decorative purpose of this cake, you can make use of all berries in the highly creative design. Then, keep this cake in the refrigerator for about half a day or over night to set all the ingredients and toppings to taste.